Participation of COWE TEAM in the Post Budget Webinar organised by Department of Financial Services, Government of India.
We truly appreciate the opportunity given by SIDBI to COWE TEAM, represented by Ms Madhu Tyagi, National Secretary, COWE INDIA, and myself for participating as Panelists in the above mentioned webinar which was addressed by Honorable Prime Minister Shri NARENDRA MODI.
We are glad to inform that based on our observations while connecting with all the stakeholders and women participants for the ongoing SWAVALAMBAN SASHAKT WEBINAR SERIES , COWE TEAM was able to give some valid suggestions.
The following suggestions, mentioned by us, were included in the summing up of the break out session on Credit Linked Schemes, by the Department of Financial Services.
1. Bring clarity , that women from all strata are eligible for the StandUpIndia scheme .
2. Rebrand and Relaunch the Stand Up India scheme for greater penetration/outreach.
3. Set up a platform/ pool of incubators, ex-bankers, hand holding agencies to help bridge the gap and identify and connect suitable prospective beneficiary entrepreneurs with the banks .
4. Financial literacy including awareness regarding credit linked Govt schemes, to be provided at grass root level i.e school (Class 11 & 12) and college level.
5. Clinics/ workshops to be held with prospective borrowers, bankers, successful entrepreneurs and hand holding agencies.
It was an excellent platform and gave COWE INDIA visibility at national level .